WHY CREATE THE L.E.A.D ACADEMY TRUST?
The creation of the L.E.A.D. Academy Trust is a natural progression of our belief in a partnership ethos and our determination to ensure that more young people receive an exceptional education.
As a high performing primary school we were eligible to apply for academy status. There were a number of options for taking that status forward:
- As a standalone academy, which would have increased our autonomy, but limited our impact and possibly left us vulnerable
- As part of a larger, established chain with a vision and values that may not align to ours
- As the lead school in a new umbrella trust, which would give us control over vision, values, direction and impact.
The last option fitted best with our aspirations to influence a better education for greater numbers of children locally, nationally and internationally.
WHAT IS DISTINCTIVE ABOUT THE L.E.A.D. ACADEMY TRUST?
Having been on an extraordinary learning journey of our own, we know the importance of both autonomy and collaboration.
This is why our model allows member schools the autonomy to lead and manage in a way that preserves their individual identity and responds to specific community needs, while unifying them through:
- shared vision and values,
- partnership working in key areas such as leadership, professional development and sharing best ideas and practice
- improved succession and career planning
- a relentless focus on an exceptional quality of teaching and learning
A strong focus on leadership permeates our model, not just at Trust level or of our clusters of schools, or of the individual schools but for staff and for children. Everyone can benefit from the development of leadership skills.
Our focus on leadership also extends to succession planning, talent management and enhanced career options for leaders across our schools. Growing our own leaders and deploying them across the Trust as opportunities arise will embed our values, facilitate the sharing of best practice and promote sustainability.
Click Here To View The L.E.A.D Academy Trust Website
STATEMENT OF VALUE AND ETHOS
Click Here to view the vision and principles that define the ethos of the L.E.A.D. Academy Trust.
MEMBERS AND TRUSTEES
Click Here to view the L.E.A.D. Academy Trust’s Member and Trustee list.
COMPANY ACCOUNTS INFORMATION
Click Here to view the L.E.A.D. Academy Trust’s Company Accounts details.
ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION
Click Here to view the Articles of Association for the L.E.A.D. Academy Trust.
Birley Spa Primary Academy joined LEAD Academy Trust on 1 February 2017.
Their registered office is:
L.E.A.D. Multi Academy Trust
5a The Ropewalk
Their registered charity number: 08296921
Telephone: 0115 822 5440